#47   ^
Old Wed, Dec-17-14, 13:51

Plan: Mostly Fung/IDM
Stats: 165/138.4/135 Female 63
BF:???/better/???
Progress: 89%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seejay
My issues with cravings finally went away when I dialed down the protein and have my carbs every other meal. Kind of a modified CAD I suppose.

I think I have a very lively insulin response to both protein and carb, and then insulin goes down slowly. So when I had 3 meals a day and they each had generous protein, I bet my insulin was high all day and never got down very far. That's what it seems like in retrospect from the hunger.

Now I have my starch at breakfast and dinner and all that stuff is gone. I shoot for 60-70 g starch per day, 60-70 g protein (I'm short). Fat is up and down depending on if I remember to add extra.

Interesting. I drifted over from the thread aamama referenced (I think) - I too am experiencing a bit of physiological insulin resistance. Like seejay, i've cut back protein (from 90-100 to 60-70) and have much less hunger, particularly between lunch and dinner.

I'm consciously trying to raise starch and fiber a bit, having the equiv of half a small potato per day. No cravings. I'm away from home and have no idea of impact on scale. Will continue for another 5 days then check scale when I return home. Seejay's experience gives me hope that i can raise carbs slightly to experience better glucose readings without cravings.