View Single Post
  #15   ^
Old Sat, Jan-20-18, 00:53

Plan: atkins, carnivore 2023
Stats: 200/211/163 Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress: -30%

DO you have the recipes to replace the old foods??? My kids eat pizza while I eat LC versions.

Depression is complicated and needs addressing to feel our best. The winter snows reflect a ton of light into my house and help boost my feeling of well being. ALso Vit D.

Dr Daniel Amen has many books to address depression and OTC solutions. Mine is to boost seratonin. NOw I can reach for a cookie of course but that is not LC and anything LC will not have the effect to boost my seratonin. Soooo if you can eat good carbs, perhaps slow the weight loss and include the carbs you need, Dr Amen suggests yams, and the like NOT cookie and cakes. SO perhaps go a bit slower to be able to include quality carbs. Increasing activity can allow for more carbs, if you are able to.

For me I use another option. 5-HTP. A seratonin precursor. OTC. Very helpful. Both my son and I use this. What time of day to take the tablet you will need to work out for you. Early am works best for me, another time might be better for you. 5 HTP is the same pathway as melatonin.

It is ok to go slower on Atkins. His goal is to make this a way of life. I understand. I have regained and added a few more, due to circumstances beyond my control. I can only work with in the new parameters to get where I want to go... and you can too!!

Depression can be crippling at worst, and debilitating in its mild form. I always manage my life to prevent depression, first and foremost. Maybe you too can find middle ground.

COngrats on your efforts thus far!!