View Single Post
  #17   ^
Old Mon, Feb-18-19, 07:31

Plan: Very LC, Higher Protein
Stats: 227/186/185 Male 6' 0"
BF:
Progress: 98%

fhutt1 - Understood that you're not new to this. Note that we are all different in dietary reactions and requirements. We can investigate the metabolic details, which today are still being confirmed about the health of low carb and ketosis, but bottom line is that I will not react to an eating lifestyle in the same way you do. For instance, I'm in my late 60s, and I've recently increased my protein with good results and still remain in fat burning mode. I'm familiar with Rosedale, and after studying the research by Ben Bikman and clinical results of Ted Naiman, I find I do better with more (not lots) of protein. One of the recommendations for protein is to increase it as we age. It worked for me. When I first started low carb, I made the conscious decision to stay in what Atkins terms "Induction." I responded best to very low carbs. I'm still there in a sense, but have learned much more and have made the necessary course corrections over the years. Good luck on your journey, it truly is one of self discovery as much as learning from others' experiences.