View Single Post
  #83   ^
Old Tue, Jun-03-14, 08:12

Plan: Zero
Stats: 95/95/95 Female 50
BF:0
Progress: 36%

I do this and just omit the breadcrumbs (replacing them with same amount of parmesan). I like the shredded parm rather than the grated parm. I guess you could get some sort of organic block made by Amish from magical cows or something and grate/shred it, but I don't get any other fancy kind, just Kraft or IGA when I go there. I also can make my own mayo, but am still working through a few jars of Hellman's DH bought for me.

I use 1-2 tsp Italian seasoning (sort of depending on the brand I use - because they aren't all the same) + 1/4 tsp garlic powder (powder because it mixes better, and we love garlic), but I guess you could use just oregano. I also sometimes add a couple shakes of paprika on top before baking.
I used to do this all the time, then looked for a more LC friendly version and found this:
http://theenchantedcook.blogspot.de...manns-mayo.html
It wasn't much different than I'd always done it before LC, so I just adapted it a wee bit more to fully get rid of the bread crumbs.

Frying is too much like work for me (am I lazy much? LOL) compared to sticking it into the oven like this, so this is how I usually like to prepare chicken if I don't do big batches in foil "steam roasting" them and freezing them for a few weeks.