View Single Post
  #746   ^
Old Thu, May-13-21, 08:14

Plan: General LC
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 90%

Lori- Yay for 10 shots better on the golf course!

I have heard great things about Sanibel Island. I have a friend who absolutely loves it there.

Jaz- so even with the time to work on it, are they expecting you all to have all 50 states completed in a matter of days? Seems like that would take a heck of a long time to do.

Hopefully the gas issue is being resolved and you can get movers out soon. It does sound like you are coping pretty well in your little nest as it is. (Speaking of, my Bella showed me that we have a bird nest in our azalea bush! Little robin eggs in there. So cute!)

Trig- Good idea to hold off until tmrw so you can hear about your Mom's cardiologist visit and how that went.

I'm sure some of your cravings are due to stress about your Mom and so forth. Her health issues are kind of new thing and it is a lot to take in. Sending hugs!

•••••••••••

Gas- I filled up yesterday after driving back from OC. There were several gas stations with nothing, but I found one with gas pretty quickly and just a short line. I hear things are really bad in the South.

Got back yesterday evening from bringing DS19 home from college. I can't believe he has completed a year of college classes! He absolutely loves his college and I am just thrilled to bits about that for him. He did well- 2 A's and 2 B's. Interesting to hear him talk about his classes and grades.. the boy is maturing. He wasn't pleased overall with his grades (I, on the other hand, was elated! lol) and was mad at himself bc he would have had 3 A's but he accidentally overlooked an assignment and got a zero. That brought his average before the final down from an 89 to an 83. He said his favorite class was history bc he had to "work really hard in it, make study guides etc" - this was notable bc I could NOT get him to do that throughout high school AND he freaking hates history. But what he was essentially saying was that he earned that grade and was proud of it (he got a B) and that is also new for him. He aced his Biology class and gives the nod to his high school Bio teacher for that. He said others were struggling but it was easier than his HS class had been. So really good stuff from him about college and I tried to just enjoy all of it and zip my lip against any advising etc. The boy is finding his way and I could not be happier just to listen and watch it all unfold.

He has reconciled with his GF for now. I say for now bc her Mom is really, really difficult and I think that could pose a real problem. We'll see. I'm glad he is happy though. She's a nice girl and really pretty.. but more importantly, she is kind and has a really good head on her shoulders.

Last night Dh and I went out to dinner with all the 'kids'- just our family of five (DD's husband got the second vaccine the day before and wasn't feeling well.) It was just one of those really quality moments in life- the kids were discussing their exercise regimen (leg day, push day, pull day.. I have no idea) and then they were discussing stocks and investing.. at one point DH and I just look across the table at each other and did a Jedi mind trick, as long married folks do. It was a fun look into the now and into the future- our young adults discussing things we don't know too much about (like dogecoin investing) and just being their own little entity, and also that we had successfully managed to bring 2 and 3/4 of them to adulthood. You know? Just a little moment of being amazed and pleased with ourselves.

I know in a week I will be complaining about my kids (two at home now!) but for this moment- perfection. (and let's not get carried away- DS19 and I got into it when I went to pick him up and he had not secured me a parking pass.. not all roses! lol)

Dh and DS22 get their second vaccines today so I imagine they will be feeling punky. I'm getting the house cleaned up from being gone and then going to Costco. I leave in a week for a girls beach trip to FL! I'm sure it will be fine but honestly the thought of being with a group of people for several days is not thrilling me right now. I am such a recluse! lol