View Single Post
  #21   ^
Old Tue, Dec-08-20, 20:42

Plan: General LC
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 90%

Lori- Really glad your massage went so well yesterday.. sounds like she really worked you over well! You were just shy of needing a cigarette and a nap, huh?

I am excited for you that you will have warm weather and the ability to play golf again, in December no less. It's a Christmas miracle!

Blue- Yup, true, Bs are fine in college, especially if you aren't planning on applying to law school or something like that. If you are, it will limit your options more, but right now he literally has no idea what he wants to do AND for a first semester of college, all online, with virtually no instruction or help, I am pleased with him!

LOL on me in your handbag! BTW how do you like your iPhone? Do you find it useful? What do you use it for? I use mine for texting, obviously, but I use the calendar, Spotify and podcasts daily as well, not to mention just getting general info. I also use it as an alarm clock and timer. Multi purpose tool! I use it least for making phone calls.

I am glad you are so busy! When it rains, it pours, right? It is good that your talents are being used and appreciated.

Vaccine- I am split on it. By the time it will be available to me, it will probably be summer and plenty of people will have been vaccinated before me. However, I won't deny being concerned about the potential risk on long term side effects. Putting something in my body that was developed with "warp speed" doesn't exactly inspire confidence! But C19 also has long term side effects as well. So, I just don't know. I don't do the flu vaccine, but I have gotten the shingles vaccine (the first, and will be getting the second once I am out of quarantine.)

Trig- I hope you have SUCH a good time on your trip!! I can't wait to hear an update from you!

Jaz- Wow, an in person interview, huh? Where is it? In Athens?? Surely not! Maybe in Atlanta or something?

Good luck! You always do well in interviews so I expect it will go well.

••••••••••

All is well here in quarantine-land. DS22 is faring well. Eating well, studying for exams, mild symptoms. I had him mask up and take a walk down the court and back. I felt like he needed it for his mental health as well as for his physical health. The hardest part for sure, to me, is just having so little contact with him every day. This is a longer grounding than he has ever had in his life! Speaking of grounding, that was never a thing with me and my kids. If they were grounded at all, it was seldom to their rooms. More like a cessation of social life for a time. We were never big on sending them away from the family.

Made DS22 blueberry muffins and bacon for breakfast, and then he had LO homemade chicken soup and a turkey and cheddar toasted sandwich for lunch. For dinner I made a pot roast with roasted carrots and potatoes.

Menu plan this week: Pot roast (done), roasted chicken quarters with roasted broccoli, breaded pork tenderloin, and beef vegetable soup.

I sucked it up and got ALL the family wrapping done today. About 35 gifts over a two hour period. But now it is complete, except for a couple of odds and ends. And yeah, that sounds like a ton I know, but it breaks down to about 7 things per person Some of the gifts are pretty small, like a book, or useful, like a pack of boxer shorts. It's just fun for everyone to have a little group of things to open.

Stocking stuffers are mostly sorted into bags as well but I need to look over that again and maybe shift a couple of things around. I grab stocking stuff all year and squirrel it away.

My Dad had his PET scan and said it came back clear, so that is wonderful news.

That's about it from here!