View Single Post
  #281   ^
Old Sun, Apr-07-19, 20:49
Say NO to Diabetes!

Plan: My own - < 30 net carbs
Stats: 440/228/210 Male 5' 11"
BF:Energy Unleashed
Progress: 92%

Thanks Renee. I'm looking forward to seeing my results this year, too. I have worked all year for this day. What ever the results "the work" has been good for me and the 10K is just a measure. The 10K is more about doing things with the kids. That is what makes it special.

In spite of working another 9 hours on Saturday, I managed to get two outdoor runs in this weekend. On Saturday I squeezed in 2 miles before dark -- time 21 minutes. Today I ran 7.5 slow and steady miles at the school complex, including the cross country trail through the woods, one time up "murder hill" and then up and down several other smaller hills before finishing up at the track. I did not push hard. I just kept going until 90 minutes had passed.

It was hot today -- just like last year's 10K. I don't do hot well. The first 6 miles were OK. The last mile and a half I was overheating. I weighed before and after today's noon workout. I was down 6 pounds in sweat! The forecast for next Saturday is for light rain and temps in the low 50s during the race. Thank God! I don't need another repeat of today. It was a good workout, but I was sapped for energy the rest of the day. That is not the case when I run in cool weather.