#58   ^
Old Sun, Jun-24-07, 07:16
Registered Member

Plan: Bernstein, formerl Atkins
Stats: 375/237/222 Male 71 inches
BF:BMI 51/33/31
Progress: 90%

Ralph,
1250 calories is a target, and is a construct based on the sum of the target macro nutrients: 30 CHO (20net), 80 PRO & 90 FAT. It is not an actual average consumption.

My average actual calories for the last 6 days, for example, was 1539, but I still lost 4 lbs in that period. Considering that I went out for dinner both Friday and Saturday (and cheated a little both days), I'm still very pleased. My FBG this AM was 89, the best for the week. (The highest FBG was 114).

Getting back to Cajunboy's thread subject, I'm just taking 500 MET in the AM, and my doctor actually volunteered that he was considering taking me off that (when I suggested adding some). He wants to see continued progress on the weight loss, and I have already taken off 19 lbs. of the 20 he hoped to see and I have 4 more weeks to go before my next appointment. I love to knock his socks off.

He is not really as enlightened on low carbing as most on these boards are. He did suggest I try Atkins almost 5 years ago, but that was as the craze was mounting. He'd never heard of Dr. Bernstein, until I mentioned him to him.

I noticed recently that Vitamin Shoppe has decided to reduce their low-carb merchandizing because the "fad is declining." They just don't get it that the base of low-carbing as a life style is now established and building momentum (or so it seems to me).

I like your experimenting with the meds and agree with all your observations and conclusions so far. I think Dr. B. would too. Keep us posted on your continued findings.
Dan