#68   ^
Old Wed, Dec-19-01, 15:32

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 56%
Wink Hey there Girl, How are Yah!

Lessara,

What are high calorie legal foods allowed on Atkins? Do you mean cream cheese? Yes, nuts, cheese, cream cheese, cold cuts, bacon is examples, if your stalling, take one of these foods out for a week and see what happens. Again to each individual, these foods could be the culprit.

Are you eating too many low-quality (solid) fats ? Meaning, saturated fats, animal fat, lard, butter, solid in room temperature.......good fats are vegetable base oils, olive oil, nut oil, such as peanut oil, etc. I don’t worry about either fat right now, fat doesn’t make you fat, as long as your following the plan by staying at your CCL. However, I’m sure though when I get down closer to my weight, I will have to watch my calories witch means cutting back on fat too.

Are you eating too many dairy products ? Natural yogurt, cottage cheese, cheese, buttermilk, milk, etc. Everyone is different, you maybe able to consume 40 gms a day of these products, and maybe not at all. Make sure you count every carb and measure these foods.

Caffeine, to some folks it raises there insulin, to some folks it doesn’t, in moderation is the key, if your still losing, then 5 mugs a week is probably not hurting you. If your stalling, maybe you will have to cut back, or cut it out completely from your diet.
I completely cut caffeine out of WOE, I was never a big coffee drinker anyways. I’m content with decaf if we have visitors over or if I’m out.

Everyone is different, you basically have to monitor each food and make your own personal WOE out LC.

To some folks, they zip right through to their goal, not having to worry about any foods, to some we have to be careful

Take care, and Merry Christmas