Old Thu, Sep-10-20, 16:57
Forum Moderator

Plan: Primal/P:E
Stats: 171/145/145 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 100%

Quote:
Originally Posted by BawdyWench
Aww, shucks. Doreen says the forum started in October 2000, so I probably joined around 2002. Thanks for the compliment, but after 18 years on the forum and more than 20 years living the low-carb lifestyle, I'm now 20 pounds heavier than when I started.

BW, I'm not sure if it's just because I'm a mod, but I can see join dates in everyone's profile. Yours is Oct 29 2003.

I don't like my 20-lb weight gain, either, but... I dunno about your relatives but I consider the alternative. They're fatter and sicker. I'm in really good health for being 45. I take no joy in that and I'm certainly not bragging; I'm just grateful that at least I found the 'aha' factor, here's why I couldn't just starve myself on a HC/LF diet and be happy and healthy like the mainstream said. I made relative peace with food, learned to cook, and I found the causes behind the non-weight health problems related to the garbage SAD upon which I was raised. If I hadn't adopted this lifestyle and hung around this forum, I'd probably be obese, and on meds for diabetes, arthritis, depression/anxiety, and gawd knows what else.

------

Sheryl, I lived in St Catharines for about a decade! Really liked the city, especially the climate. Nice mild winters, "wine country" summers.