#5   ^
Old Tue, Sep-11-18, 11:17

Plan: atkins, carnivore 2023
Stats: 225/224/163 Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress: 2%

Quote:
Originally Posted by nawchem
That's interesting half a thyroid! Does it run in your family?

No, two very different causes to our problems. I had a tumor and the docs wanted the easy way out to take half the organs in my neck area. Lazy.

Quote:
I have antibodies to my thyroid, when my own thyroid production increases it makes the protein antigen and my immune system attacks and destroys the tissues. So ideally I need to take enough medication to stop my thyroid production.

why would you think for one minute that these meds are optional?

Quote:
I am feeling very awful, crying and angry and just like a person that didn't sleep all night. It is my cpap machine. It technically expired 7 years ago! My dr said she wouldn't help me with thyroid or sleep after a whole year of going nearly every week crying and begging for help. I switched to another dr in this medical group. I just laid the sleep problem on her, not knowing this medication distribution problem would pop up.

Do what ever you must to get your meds asap , and at the dose you function best on. BOrrow money if you need to.

Quote:

I really like the neurologist my dr sent me to he ordered asap sleep study. Now I'm waiting for the sleep unit to walk to their fax machine and pick up the drs order. I have a sleep apnea like disorder instead of stop breathing my brain senses oxygen decrease and I wake up in all the rem cycles. I remember my dreams!

"Walk" made me laugh. Figure you meant "talk".

Your brain is trying to keep you alive. Right now you are in emergency mode, and need to step thru this one step at a time. YOU CAN DO THIS. It is made much harder with a groggy brain. Caffeine is a short term fix. Will help you function during the day to get each step done. ( On top of work and studies.)
YOU CAN DO THIS.