View Single Post
  #10   ^
Old Sun, Oct-09-05, 16:36

Plan: original 72 Atkins
Stats: 201/177/142 Female 65 inches
BF:44/44/25
Progress: 41%

Hi, Gail.

Yes, I'm still on the modified low carb plan. Modified at this point means I eat no more than 25 grams of carbs per meal.

I'm not real strict on the gluten stuff (as in everyday products). I just am doing it with diet. And actually, I think I probably could eat a little bit of it now if I just did it once a week or so, but i'm not willing to try it out. Not just because of the problems, but I'm afraid if I start I'll slowly get hooked again.

Even with adding carbs back in I still don't have the stomach problems I had with eating grains. I usually eat one small apple a day, and either a small baked potato or rice with a meal. I can eat potatoes just fine, but I ususally don't drink them. Haven't had vodka in 20 years or so...tequila has always been my drink of choice, but I just don't feel the urge to drink much anymore. It's like once I got rid of the grains when I initially started Atkins, a lot of other issues fell into place. It seems now looking back that alcohol was just another part of my carb/grain addiction.

I think intolerance builds up with time...whereas allergic is immediate reaction. I certainly was not bothered by anything when I was younger. Before I found out the problem for myself, I had been to two gastroenterologist becuase of the digestive issues. And they were baffled. They thought my symptoms were of a pancreatic issue, but when they tested everything seems fine. So I never did get answers from them either.