View Single Post
  #10   ^
Old Mon, Dec-12-16, 19:22

Plan: LC Primal
Stats: 290/270/160 Female 5'7
BF:
Progress: 15%

Thanks everyone.

The comment that recently set me off was of the somewhat judgemental variety. I'd made myself a very large iced coffee with almond milk, and my mom's comment was "Good grief, that's a huge drink! What is that?"

Not all inquiries come with that. Sometimes the question is just "what are you eating?" and it probably is just curiosity, but I never know if it's just curiosity or if the actual question isn't so much "what are you eating?" as "why are you eating?" or even "why are you eating so much?"

To be honest, I really just don't want to be dealing with this at all. I know I sound so ungrateful, but after having been on my own for 5 years...I don't like having to navigate inquiries from my parents (or even my siblings) about what I'm eating or doing, etc.

My struggles with BED. They just aren't going to get it. I've told my dad about it in the past, and he...kind of gets it maybe, but he's also struggled with weight so I think that he doesn't quite understand because he assumes my experience with it is the same as his, and my mom is not going to get it. She and I can just never really communicate on things like this. I don't know why, but I accepted long ago that when it comes to emotional issues she's never going to react the way I want.
Even now, when I asked for no questions about my food and they got mad...well there haven't been any questions since then, and, TBH, that's the best possible outcome. I'm willing to accept some defensiveness and yelling in the moment if it stops the comments that really mess me up mentally.