View Single Post
  #24   ^
Old Sat, Nov-28-15, 12:43

Plan: P:E/DDF
Stats: 225/150/169 Female 5' 9"
BF:45%/28%/25%
Progress: 134%

Continuation of Amy's new series on Weight Loss, titled Why Am I Not Losing Weight on LCHF? (Pt.1)

http://www.tuitnutrition.com/2015/1...g-weight-1.html

Quote:
Aaaaand, we’re back!

Based on the number of page views my post called “The Truth About Weight Loss” has gotten, people are far more interested in reading about losing weight than they are in cancer or the disastrous consequences associated with chronically elevated insulin. And, based on the comments that post garnered, right here on the blog as well as on various LCHF sites, this post and the next few in this mini-series are among the most hotly anticipated posts I’ve ever written. (Except for the next cancer post. I know, I know…I keep promising to get back to those, but then I get sidetracked by other equally fascinating things.)

With that in mind, I’m feelin’ the pressure, everybody. I’ll try not to disappoint, but, the truth is, I don’t have any magical formulas for you. I don’t have the secret to THE ONE THING you’ve never, ever heard of for kick-starting fat loss or breaking a stall. I haven’t discovered the only unsullied superfruit with mystical fat-melting properties, found deep in the Amazon Rain Forest, and known only to me and one indigenous tribe untouched by Western civilization. (But if I ever do stumble upon that, it’ll be available through my website for just $39.99, and you’ll have to order it by clicking on the obnoxious pop-up window that flashes in your face immediately upon the site loading. [Don’t’cha just love those?] It’ll also be available for purchase through an affiliate link in the sidebar of every single other LCHF, Paleo, Primal, and real food site you frequent. [This is the part where you express silent thanks for how terrible I am at marketing. ])

Okay, let’s get down to business:

First, allow me to say that this little series will cover several possible answers to the “why am I not losing weight” question. There’s a good chance not all of them will apply to you. Maye none of them will. I suspect, though, for most of you, some will apply, while others won’t. So if you find yourself reading some of these ideas, and getting angry because you’re already doing that (or have already tried that a million times), then I’m not talking to you. I’m talking to the people who haven’t already tried it. Today’s post, in particular, might anger some of you. I’ve got to cover some of the obvious, "no shoot, Sherlock," stuff, because, honestly, to some people out there, it’s not so obvious. So just stay with me. We're getting the simple stuff out of the way first. If nothing resonates with you today, sit tight. At some point, in one of these posts, maybe I’ll hit upon something that does speak to you. So, along that line, please, don’t throw tomatoes at me for what I say today. There’s no need to leave rude comments about what a special and unique snowflake you are, and how it doesn’t apply to your situation. If it doesn’t apply, it doesn’t apply. No sweat. Wait around until something does.

Since that was probably harsher than my usually more empathetic tone, let me get back to myself for a second. If you are struggling with fat loss, I am with you. I know how it feels. When you’ve already cut back on carbs, and you’ve already nixed corn and soy oils from your diet, and you’re already exercising more, getting good sleep, and carving out time in your life for relaxation, and yet, the weight refuses to budge.

The stigma, and cruel, knee-jerk stereotypes hurled at overweight people make fighting your body difficult enough. But when you’ve already adopted the dietary and lifestyle practices that “should” bring your weight down, yet you’re the same size as when you started, or you haven’t lost as much as all those ridiculous online graphs and charts say you should, feeling like a “fat loss failure” can be downright demoralizing. When you hit the gym faithfully, when you pack a homemade lunch to bring to work every day, and when you bring nuts and string cheese to the movies and walk right past the popcorn and gummy bears, but the weight still doesn’t move, it’s enough to make you throw in the towel.

But DON’T. Don’t give up. Don’t give up on the process, and above all, don’t give up on yourself.
And it continues.....