#52   ^
Old Thu, Mar-29-18, 15:17

Plan: Dr. Bernstein
Stats: 188/150/135 Female 5 ft 4 inches
BF:
Progress: 72%

Quote:
Originally Posted by khrussva
I'm exploring information about leptin resistance to see if there is a way for me to increase my satiety levels. It would be really nice if my body sent a clear message when I'd had enough to eat.

I hope you figure that out - then let me know! I can no longer safely make large meals with planned leftovers - by the time I'm done, there are no leftovers. I have to tell myself that that's it - no more food. I'm still hungry, but in about 30 minutes I'm less hungry & can ignore it.

And that's with eating good fats, protein, & low carb veggies.

edited to add - I just remembered something my mother told me. She grew up in a family of 6 kids, so when she cooked, she cooked for 8. When she married, she kept cooking for 8 - & somehow she & Daddy were able to eat a heck of a lot of it. She finally learned to cook for fewer people, but not by much. I don't remember the hungry years when money & food were in short supply, but I do remember the more prosperous years when there was more than enough food. That may be why I have a freezer chock full of meat & vegetables.