#49   ^
Old Thu, Mar-29-18, 13:03

Plan: Mostly Fung/IDM
Stats: 165/138.4/135 Female 63
BF:???/better/???
Progress: 89%

Quote:
Originally Posted by khrussva
Slightly off topic, but do any of you ever feel judgmental about successful low carbers who are quite knowledgeable about this WOE, yet they still end up finding the slippery slope only to regain some or all of the weight lost? I'm not talking about newbies just starting out nor people who have every intention of returning to "normal food" after reaching goal. I'm talking about those who have committed to making this a permanent lifestyle, yet end up regaining weight (whether it involves "cheating" or not). Someone like me, for example.

I absolutely do not judge those who may gain weight after losing a small amount or a substantial amount.

The only thing you can control is what you eat. Your body decides what to do with it. Teaser has posted studies that seem to indicate the dieted body is never the same as the never-dieted/maintained-normal-weight-over-the-years body and I've seen it in my life.

I have only respect for those who eat appropriately for their bodies (which for most of us is low carb) and keep on keeping on whether their body decides to maintain a loss or slowly put back the weight.

My experience tells me that you can eventually lose again, but it is never easy, and it probably gets more difficult each time you try.