#10   ^
Old Thu, Jan-26-12, 14:27

Plan: <20 g of carbs a day
Stats: 195/193/180 Male 6'1"
BF:
Progress: 13%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brinethery
Are you eating enough fat? I would aim for at LEAST 60% of your calories as fat. I myself prefer 70% or more of my calories.

You're just starting out, so that might seem like you're eating almost nothing but fat. But consider this. A USDA Choice ribeye steak is about 70% if measured by calories (not by weight).

If you're eating a 2,000 calorie diet eating 70% fat, 25% protein, and you should be eating 1400 calories of fat, 500 calories of protein, and 100 calories of carbs.

There are 9cals/fat gram, 4cals/protein gram, and 4cals/carb gram.

That means on a 2,000 calorie diet, you should eat 155 grams fat, 125 grams protein, and 25 grams carbs.

Most of the time when people start any version of low carb, they're not eating enough fat and this is a recipe for disaster.

Hope this helps!

Sorry for the really late response haha, I was moving back home after graduating from college (yay freedom? :-P)

I'm shooting for 70% of calories from fat; I havent tracked my calorie intake but Ive been doing a lot better with my days when I crave carbs. My parents are having a hard time dealing with my diet and my mom keeps making comments about how much fat I'm eating haha. By focusing on how good the bacon, eggs, and steaks taste I've been doing pretty good :-D