View Single Post
  #12   ^
Old Mon, Aug-22-16, 22:41

Plan: Dr. Bernstein
Stats: 188/150/135 Female 5 ft 4 inches
BF:
Progress: 72%

I just noticed this morning that the toes on one foot - especially the big toe - were looking kind of gray. I was hoping it was my imagination, so when I got home this afternoon I took off my socks & asked my husband. Yep - gray. They were fine a week ago.

I promptly turned to Dr. Google & found out that I do indeed have a problem. I also found out that I had a symptom of neuropathy that I didn't know was a symptom. One web site said a "classic" symptom (why have I never heard of it?) is "pain, achiness, fatigue, burning, or discomfort in the muscles of your feet, calves, or thighs. These symptoms usually appear during walking or exercise and go away after several minutes of rest...At first, these symptoms may appear only when you walk uphill, walk faster, or walk for longer distances."

I've had achiness & fatigue in my calves, usually when going uphill, for months. I just thought I needed to walk more.

Anyway, I'm calling the doctor tomorrow to see if I should come in sooner than my appointment at the end of the month.

I have a question (or 3) that Dr. Google couldn't answer (maybe I didn't know how to ask it): Can gray toes become pink & healthy again? Or do I just work at not letting them turn black? And what kind of exercise would help?