View Single Post
  #10   ^
Old Tue, May-28-02, 14:51

Plan: Careful Low Carb Plan
Stats: 335/295/180 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 26%
Wink Inspiration in a book!

I had given up basically. I hated being fat but didn't know how to change it. I knew I couldn't diet. I could never stick to a diet past lunchtime. It made me think of food even more and want to eat something bad. Then I went to visit my Aunt in July 2001. She had started LCing, and I watched what she was eating. (She's never been overweight...but wanted to lose 10 lbs. ) I thought eating meat and vegies sounded very restrictive. But WHEN I READ THE BOOK, it all made sense. I knew I had a problem with carbs, but never realized that they were the reason for my getting BIGGER and BIGGER. Understanding why my body stored the fat instead of burning it helped me try this new way of eating. And then as time went by and the pounds and inches started melting off...that kept me going. But I think also FEELING WELL and having more energy makes a difference as well. Victoria

PS. I wrote my Aunt and thanked her mucho for giving me her book. I know she's happy that I'm finally slimming down. I hope she realizes she had a part in my journey back to health.