View Single Post
  #1441   ^
Old Sat, Oct-09-21, 06:55

Plan: General LC
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 90%

Hi all-

Quick check in- Camp starts at 9 so the clock is ticking.

Lori- yes, it is either in person or virtual and I'm doing the virtual option. Online all day today which will absolutely kick my ass- I really struggle to attend or stay put for that long. Yesterday was 1-6:30 and that was really a huge stretch for me.

Happy birthday to your sister! I'd agree with you that she is doing amazing at 79. Age has so much to do with mental thinking as it does with the number. My Mom is the same age I think (1942 birth year, am I calculating that correctly?) and she has decided she is old and started acting that way, no lie, in her late 50s. She literally does nothing at all bc she seems to think that is way she should be acting at her age. I am absolutely determined to be more like your sister than like my Mom!

Recliner is *chef's kiss*. IMO pretty ugly but my ass was happy all day and evening in it! lol

Trig- Enjoy the shopping if you can. I actually like Walmart for clothes. I think they tend to have some decent looking stuff that wears well enough, certainly for the price!

Ok gotta go, five mins til start time! Gotta go in off the porch!

Edit-- OOOH I was wrong and it starts at 10 EST. Yay a little while longer to get myself together. I set an alarm for 7 so I could have slept a while longer but this is just as well.

DH arrives tomorrow afternoon. Looking forward to him being here. I have rocked some weight loss in DE for the first time and moved out of "vacay" mode which was needed and necessary. Fine to do that now and again but not all the time. At a new low today for 2020-2021.

So DD and SoIL got a kitten, about 6 months old, and we'll see how that works out. My DD, God love her, really really struggles with changes like this. They have attempted to adopt a dog a couple of times and she has panic attacks that last a couple of days. That is happening again for her this time. I really, really feel for her (and for him) and I wonder about what her adjustment to having a child will be like. I will absolutely need to be there for them as an encouragement and source of support. Kitten is cute as hell though, named Violet. DS23 adopted a cat (smarter than a kitten, IMO) that they named, of all things, "Pancake." WHHYYYYYY??

DS19 is doing well and is loving school and his apartment and life in general. I saw on his bank account that he went and spent 140$ at a tat parlor so I am wondering when I will hear about his new addition and what it looks like and where it is. Two kids with new cats and one kid with a new tat.

I'm feeling breakfast-mood today and with all the mental work I will be doing, I should probably heed it, so I'm off to heat something up. Have a good day, all!
Sponsored Links