View Single Post
  #7   ^
Old Sat, Apr-30-16, 08:16

Plan: P:E=>1 (Q3-22)
Stats: 168/100/82 Male 182cm
BF:
Progress: 79%

A little more time on the meter. It's interesting and kind of obvious that the meter and strips can be out of sync. I've been fasting for 80 hours so no carbs. The volume of urine affects the concentration. I drink a lot of water and still take low does diuretics.

The meter isn't as convenient as a strip as it takes time to warm up, needs periodic calibration and takes some discipline to "blow the same way" each time. However, the software's ability to track data is cool.

I would like to do an experiment where I did a "sucrose" fast for one day AFTER I've fasted for 72 hours on water/broth - then fast another day or two after that to see how the acetone in the breath recovers. I would X amount of sucrose and water at hours X thru out the day and take Ketonix measurements prior to the ingestion.

I have not had sugar, wheat or potatoes the last 7 months since I've been experimenting with LC/IF. I wonder what ingesting just sugar water would be like for one day. In my mind it would be gross

Just some thoughts above and here's all the data I've collected so far. I usually measure on waking and perhaps once after I get home from work in afternoon before dinner if I eat.

If you've read this far and are interested here's where I'm tracking my Net Carb (estimate) and activity levels daily - both subjective - spot checking has seen me off (low) by 20 percent

http://downhaul.com/lowcarb/daily.txt