Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 282/220/166
BF:36.9%/28.6%/23%
Progress: 53%
Default Re: im still a turtle...

Quote:
Originally posted by crystal28
I'm eating mostly meats, vegetables, and fruits, but I also eat whole wheat grains and use Splenda as a sugar substitute

Fruit has sugar, even whole wheat grains have lots of carbs. I read the Somersize book, I even tried it for awhile. You don't lose quickly on that plan.

Cut out the fruit, cut out the bread. Make sure your vegetables are not the starchy kind, increase fats somewhat (but don't go overboard), and I suspect you will start losing again.

Have you read "Protein Power?" In there he talks about a lot of ancient cultures, including the Egyptians. It seems that the Egyptians ate a LOT of bread (whole grain of course), and other "healthy" stuff. If there was a culture that followed the "food pyramid" it was the ancient Egyptians. And they didn't eat "processed" foods, everything was natural. But based on their remains which have come down to us as mummys and can be examined, they were NOT all that healthy.

They had bad teeth, hardening of the arteries, evidence of heart disease etc. Wheras the hunter/gatherer nomads around them were quite healthy. Hunter gatherers, eat mostly meat, fat, some berries.