View Single Post
  #50   ^
Old Fri, Feb-01-08, 15:08
Registered Member

Plan: PP/Atkins Maintenance
Stats: 178/137/137 Female 5'6"
BF:28%
Progress: 100%

I have heard that necessity is the mother of invention?

I "need" for items to be readily available in the stores that are near my home and I "need" for things to be very fast and easy to make!

There are a LOT of really interesting recipes here, but the bottom line is they contain ingredients that have to be ordered online, from companies that who knows if they will be around next week or next month. I think I'm a pretty average person who doesn't have a lot of time to devote to cooking, and I'm not going to go to the trouble of trying to procure those hard to find ingredients on a regular basis. One thing that I have learned, especially since being on this forum, is that I AM NOT ALONE. So I have to assume there are others who feel the same way I do!

Hence my desserts of choice:

3 min choc cake with chocolate icing
chocolate molten cake
rev roll cinnamon buns
rev roll based cakes (lemon, tiramisu so far)
flavored whipped creams
basic vanilla cookies
pumpkin bars with cream cheese frosting
CO/butter bark

I can't say I "created" any of them...but I'm trying to show people that you really can make some things using easy to find ingredients that will make this WOE easier to stick to for life.

I've found good substitutes for potato chips with the fried provolone, and mashed potatoes with cauliflower puree. If I could find a *good* substitute for rice and pasta (zucchini ribbons or spaghetti squash don't cut it for me), I think I'd be set for life.

Finding a way to season the fried provolone to taste like Doritos would be a definite plus, too.