#31   ^
Old Fri, Nov-20-09, 22:12

Plan: Just no carbs
Stats: 149.6/149.4/128 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 1%

Quote:
Originally Posted by awriter
Beth, the free T3 and the rT3 are all you need. You divide the free T3 BY the rT3 and if your ratio is close to 20 (or .20 depending on how the number is given by the lab) you're fine.

I just got the rT3 numbers -- rT3 is 217 pg/mL, T3 was 2.4 pg/mL. That gives T3/rT3 of 0.011. Um, yep. I would say .01 is less than .2. :-)

The T3 & rT3 were measured about 3 weeks apart. I had added more carbs to my diet in the meantime & my cholesterol had dropped from 460 to 407.

That looks like it. Whew!

In the meantime, I had *totally* freaked out. I was very sick some years ago & I think it has made me very jumpy. I was pregnant & had both very serious pre-enclampsia & placenta previa. It would have ended with me bleeding to death, except that I was in the hospital with a nurse standing next to me when it all went south (and baby did die). My head knows that cholesterol isn't that big a deal, but my emotions seem to still have some residual stuff hanging about.

In the meantime, I did have a heart scan, which came back with a score of 0. That is a big relief. I'm also now sensitized to heart disease, which isn't necessarily a bad thing. It's on my radar to figure out how to keep my risk low, which is way easier than fixing problems.

Thanks much for your help, Lisa & everyone ...

Beth
Sponsored Links