Old Fri, Jan-06-06, 08:22

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 255/255/165 Female 5' 7 1/2
BF:
Progress: 0%
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosebud
Hiya Divvy,

First of all, I wouldn't take your vitamins before breakfast. Multivitamins, essential oils, and especially potassium will work better if you take them with food. I personally find a multivite makes me feel terrible if I have it on an empty tum.

How much potassium are you taking? You may need to supplement with about 400mg daily. I use the potassium salt, No Salt, and just sprinkle it on my food.

It may help you to start a journal here. That way you can (if you wish) keep track of what you are eating, and others will call in to offer advice and encouragement.

I'm sorry to hear you are feeling so unwell. Unfortunately a headache seems to be part of the deal as you withdraw from carbs. I hope you are feeling better soon.

Rosebud

Thanks Rosebud for your quick and kind response.

I will try tomorrow to take my vitamins after b'fast or lunch even and see if it helps. I am unsure how much potassium I am taking at the moment because it's at home & I'm at work, but I have noted the 400mg and will compare when I get home later.

I am also going to try and start a journal here (I just have to discipline myself to stick with writing it) , I can imagine being honest & having to put it out there for others to look at will help, and it certainly can't hurt.

Hopefully today will be better....Yesterday was B-A-D I literally broke down in tears on my drive home from work. I think I may have picked a poor time to start this WOL again. I just recently quit smoking and am in the process of trying to change jobs as I hate the one I currently have. Also, 2nd day I began Atkins I got my monthly female visitor. Needless to say I unleashed all of my troubles, anxieties and withdrawls on my poor mother last night. Thank god for a helping ear...She got me through that moment. I was thinking I am so glad for this forum as it's a great support system. There should be some kind of support group like they have in AA.....Yeesh this is tough stuff!