View Single Post
  #2153   ^
Old Mon, Aug-12-19, 21:41

Plan: My own
Stats: 238/187/175 Female 5'11"
BF:
Progress:

Hi all.

Lori---Ugh on the hand mixer. Yes, I think you can make the dressing in a blender or food processor. I think the key is something with a top on it. As long as you do the blending with the top on in between adding the oil, I can't see why it wouldn't work. Look at it this way, how else would it work? Seems like hand whisking it would not have the power to emulsify?

Boy girl, you're a brave one to contemplate the 500 calories every other day! I once considered it for about 10 seconds after reading about it. I guess the question is, even if you lose some pounds, what happens when you're not doing it anymore?

Great news on your arm!

Nic---Holy cats girl, you have been busy! So cool you got your web site done, that could just flummox me for days. I'd be darn proud of myself too if I figured it out.

I wish you lived here and I could send you business---although can't say I run across a ton of new moms these days. You are such a good mama bear---sniff, all those fave meals for your son before he leaves, and so much more. I have noticed You are also very good at imparting info, imo. Very straight forward, calm and focused. I think any new mom will be blissed out to have your help.

BTW---if you ever want to chat on e-mail or the phone about running a business from home I've got about 35 years of ideas on that. Not that I know it all, but there are indeed some tricks as well as treats to it all that I found my way around. I'd also be curious to hear what your class on this has to say on this. Have thought about doing a blog on this myself---lol, as well as about 5 other things.

Jaz---I always check out the menu too before I go out. But the menu doesn't tell you if it will be good. Oh well, doesn't happen that often to me, but it pissed me off to have to pay for it. Also like I said, the other lesson is I need to not go out so hungry and order less. One dish instead of two, even if they were starters. Then order more if I'm still hungry.

Did just start a book I think is going to be very good, "Red Notice"--- non fiction, story of how the oligarchs took over Russia after the fall of the Soviet Union. Ha, I know sounds dry as sand. But it gets 5 stars on tons of reviews on Amazon, and someone I trust recommended it. It's one of those non fiction books that reads like a novel.

WILL rec, again, that you get Acorn for $6 a month and watch "A Place Called Home." Then you can dump it if you want, but if you like it, it's 6 seasons of the answer to "what do I feel like watching?" Remember that one I rec'd a few years ago that took place in Spain? Think this is even better.

Trig---Honestly, I cannot believe your will power! And on vacation too! Nic is right, you're our LC beast---and a really fun and funny one. Man, your family is always ordering the stuff of my carb dreams and eating it in front of you. Bravo girl. You deserve that thinner feeling and I hope it just hugs the heck out of you for your efforts.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Had a so so day, couple of frustrating things. But I did get my butt down to the pool and worked out in the rain. It was a gentle rain and I actually kind of like that, plus I had the pool to myself.

I am experiencing some knee pain in these last couple of days. Not bad, just kind of achy. So think I'll stick to every other day on the work outs till it feels better. Or simply go down and work my arms. May need to go in for another cortisone shot.

OMAD day for me. Worked like a charm. Wasn't hungry. Even when I got to dinner, didn't eat a lot. On days like this I think I kind of know what it might be like to be one of those people for whom food is just fuel. But that feeling never lasts for me. It's OK. I've had a lot of good times with food.