Goddess

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 354/297/175 Female 5 feet 7 inches
BF:49%
Progress: 32%
Default Canadian Products

Quote:
Originally Posted by xjennx78
I wanted to let everyone know about the Advantage Shake Mix from Atkins, it's really good. I tried the Carb Options shakes and YUCK! The Advantage Kind is so much better, but be sure you mix it and leave it in the fridge overnight, tastes even better like that....just make sure it's cold

I quite agree that the Atkins shake mix is good! I find it a little thick the way they suggest so I just add more water and some cream for a creamy yet thin textured version. Tres delicieux!

I've just gone through this whole forum (or thread or whatever -- I can't keep it all straight!) and I'm disappointed because a lot of the 'good' products don't seem to be available in Canada. Any Canucks out there know what's good north of the border? Here's a summary of what I've found with LC products here:

Atkins Advantage Bars -- some are better than others; they're ok in a pinch
Atkins Endulge Bars -- the choco mint is to die for!!!! I'm afraid to check for the transfats and SAs though!
Atkins Prepared Shakes -- slightly slimy; again they're ok in a pinch
Atkins Shake Mix -- See above!
Atkins Morning start Bars -- pretty good! the transfat thing sucks though
Atkins Morning start cereal -- GAG!!!! Absolutely horrid!
Atkins Pancake/Waffle mix -- not bad but ditto on the Atkins syrup being maple flavoured water
Atkins Muffin mixes -- I find them quite tasty but a little rubbery
Atkins flavoured syrups -- not bad
Atkins bread -- slightly odd tasting
Atkins bagels -- the cinnamon raisin ones are quite good!
Odyssey Bars -- I don't know if it was the SAs or what but they gave me big time stomach cramps and intestinal difficulties if you get my meaning
SlimFast Carb Zone -- LOVE the commercials! Have only tried cookies n dreams but they're AWESOME! Didn't check for transfats or SAs -- probably loaded with them since they taste so great!
Carb Options PB -- Disgusting! Forget the transfat thing the taste itself is reason enough to avoid it!
Carb Options Salad Dressings -- tasteless -- you're just as good to buy Kraft and use a little less of it
Special K LC -- I don't really know since hubby finished the box before I could try any
Keto Muffin Mix -- extremely dry -- kind of like cardboard
Orowheat Tortillas -- Yummy! I also picked up a LC wrap at Costco which had only 5 net carbs and was also quite tasty though I can't remember the name of it.
LC Pitas -- tasty!; also purchased at Costco; also forgetting the name of it
Dempster's LC bread -- pretty good; made great stuffing at Thanksgiving

OK looking back on this list, I guess there are a lot of LC products available here -- and these are just the ones I've tried! Anyway, new regulations passed by our version of the FDA are making it taboo to put "Low Carb" "Net Carb" "Impact Carbs" or anything like that on food labels. They are also squashing brand names which refer to carbs (i.e. Carb Options) That should make LCing in Canada interesting when all the new regs come into effect. I guess I need to get really good at label reading before then eh?

Anyway, hope anyone who managed to wade their way through this found something useful!

Ta!