#83   ^
Old Mon, Nov-04-19, 18:46

Plan: Keto (Atkins Induction)
Stats: 235/175/185 Male 5' 11"
BF:
Progress: 120%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calianna
It is marketing hype... but then you have to realize that the general public isn't necessarily educated on nutritional information. In fact, most people are downright ignorant about what's in their food.<...>

Which always amazes me.

Some people know every sports figure, where they went to college, and lifetime statistics --- what this weekend's scores are and how that effect's their team's standing --- what celebrity married who, divorced who and cheated on who --- which celebrities are feuding with each other and how that feud is going --- what the characters in some fantasy TV show are up to --- who's who in some soap opera --- what the "Royals" are doing --- what people are wearing on the red carpet --- what fashions are in and/or out this year --- and on and on and on ------ but they don't know what is in their food (or other equally as important non-trivial things).

Some people can't even identify where their major organs are located or the names of their important bones, but they can recognize shoe designers and sports logos on sight.

There is nothing wrong with knowing who's who in entertainment media, but there is something wrong with not paying attention to their body. We have only one vehicle to take us through this life - one body, we can't trade it in, and we can't always fix it. Even when we can fix it, it's often compromised by the repairs. We need to pay attention to how to take care of it. That's a lot more important than the plot of some soap opera.

People are hypnotized by the salesperson in their living room (the TV) and distracted from real life by that same entity.

And yes Verbena, I remember "cholesterol free" on items that never had it like fruit jam. "Fat free" on foods that never had fat. "Low sodium" on foods that never contained salt. I could go on. This is what I meant by "Fad diet". Give them the slogan, they don't know if it applies to them, but it's 'in style' so look for it everywhere. And when that can of olives says "Gluten Free" they can feel confident that they are in with the in crowd.

It's like the majority of us are sheep. Give us a sound byte and we will follow.

I don't think the majority of us here are in that flock. At least I hope not.

There is a better way, and many of us know it. Find out what works for us, and what harms us, and eat for health and long life instead of momentary gratification.

Good health to you all.

Bob