View Single Post
  #9   ^
Old Sat, Apr-14-18, 00:41

Plan: paleo breakfast
Stats: 202/87/165 Male 5.11
BF:
Progress:
Default Paleo VS Starchivore theories and McDougall does he look unhealthy for a 70 year old.

I am Confused with the Paleo VS Starchivore theories and McDougall does he look unhealthy for a 70 year old?

My diet History
I followed the Pitkin diet for over 20 years and i had really perfect health, I would have a small amount of meat and eggs maybe once a week or fortnight. But included dairy like goats or sheep’s yogurt and milk, NO cow products. I would also take a B12 and Vitamin E supplement and flax seed oil and linseed meal. Mostly i would have a mixed rolled oats/rye/barley with a sprinkle of linseed meal for breakfast with a banana or apple and a little honey. (No milk).

Snacks would be fruit or date and walnut scones made with fermented whole meal flour, yogurt, oats, dates and walnut, which I would bake and have with yogurt on top.

Lunch would be sour dough rye bread with goat’s milk or water and a piece of fruit or a vegetable (carrot and tomato) omelet made with water and plain whole meal flour and of course the sprinkle of linseed meal and bi-care of soda an egg whites as a rising agent.

Dinner was steamed vegetables lots of potatoes or a soup/stew also with lots of potatoes and barley seeds.

but then i got into the raw Vegan diet and become more fruit and juice focused, and my health has slowly gone downhill since.

I then came across the paleo diet and tried that but i got even more run down, but I think that was because I was mixing the paleo with the vegan ideas but having high fruit juices packed with greens.

Recently i became paleo again but kept it to a paleo breakfast and then lunch and dinner just sandwiches and stir-fry’s, but added the high butter and dairy.

I lost about 10 pounds in 6 weeks and i felt better and my energy levels picked up. Plus i did not feel hungry in the mornings so would not snack. I cut fruits right back to only one a day and no more juices. But I did not restrict what the evening meal would be as it was more often a vegan stir-fry with brown rice.

McDougall
But then i came across McDougall and the high carb starchivore diet which is closer the old Pitkin diet and i am now giving it a try because the science does seem to support what they claim and also i am temporally in Asia and its harder to do a Paleo diet here, so I will give the high carb starchivore diet a trial and see if I keep losing weight as i feel that weight gain or loss will be a true tell of a diets effectiveness.

But what concerns me about the McDougall high carb starchivore diet is that he does not look very healthy in his recent YouTube clips. Googled his age and it comes up at 70 years born May 17, 1947. So i am thinking that if he looks that old by age 70 his diet has problems. Because he is looking like what a healthy 85 to 90 year old should look like.

What i am thinking is that maybe the real truth is that it’s a mixing of both the Paleo and starchivore theories together that maybe the full answer to perfect health.

So does anyone have any thoughts out this, because i am feeling confused, with the whole Paleo vs starchivore theories.