Old Mon, Apr-16-07, 02:12
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins,PP - wgt in %
Stats: 100/96.8/69 Female 5'6.5"
BF:DWTK/DDare/JEnuf
Progress: 10%

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnamater
Jude, I found your recipe for sorbet, and I now get it!!!! It's the simple syrup recipe with PDX!

This sounds relatively "healthy!"

Now I need to decide whether to purchase the Nello ice cream maker! Neither my Cuisinart electric nor my old Donvier are freezing my attempts completely, even though I keep the tubs constantly in the freezer. . .and although I can pour the semi frozen scream into another container and freeze that. . .well, a girl can be impatient, can't she, while waiting for something you had to chill/season, then freeze. . .

Does the Nello freeze your treats completely?

Was that you dithering (oops, I meant enquiring ) about the Nello/Lello automatic (self-refrigerating) ice cream machine, I think back in Kitchen Talk some months ago?? Yeah, go for it. I loved it then and I love it now.

There's a Cuisinart full automatic, too, and it has a shiny Stainless exterior and a more Jeep-like (id est, "square cornered" ) shape, but I ended up the Lello because of price point and free shipping. And yes, it does freeze hard enough to make a lovely scoop, just have to let it keep going...until it doesn't. Then time for some fast spoonwork!

I have done that with the old Deni (freezer canister) but only when I wrapped an insulating towel all around with only a little peek opening around the top. Poor baby, it's on my garage sale list now.

total non-sequitur (and my favourite and stolen and very probably bad bit of latin): quandro omni flunkus moritati