View Single Post
  #6   ^
Old Wed, May-19-21, 12:36

Plan: Atkins-ish, post-WLS
Stats: 408.0/288.0/168.0 Male 72 inches
BF:
Progress: 50%

I'd recommend logging everything that goes into your mouth and only eating things that you can weight or that are pre-portioned by nature of the packaging. Commit to doing that for at least two weeks and see where the numbers end up. You might simply be taking in too many calories.

If not, then perhaps just sticking to it for the two weeks needed to collect the data will be enough time for your body to start cooperating and for the loss to show up.

Remember that the scale only tells a very incomplete view of the story. When I was still nearly a hundred pounds heavier than you and was very carefully eating only 700 kcal a day, I had weeks where I gained weight. That did not mean that I wasn't losing fat, just that my body was trying to keep the status quo and was retaining water to compensate. Was it frustrating -- you bet. There were some very choice words coming out of my mouth on many mornings when I stepped on that scale.

If you are careful and deliberate about both what you eat and how much you eat, and have a good record of both, then you can be confident that you ARE losing fat and that, eventually, the scale will reflect it. But without that record, you will always have the doubt that you aren't really losing any fat and that can lead to so much frustration that you give up. Don't let that happen to you.