View Single Post
  #2318   ^
Old Tue, Feb-04-20, 21:41

Plan: Carb Addicts
Stats: 175/154/135 Female 5 5'
BF:
Progress: 53%

Quote:
In general, I may well write an article about this in the future. I've had folks that I've told about my diagnosis, simply not respond, as if they didn't hear me. Or, they never respond if I tell them I just had surgery and it went well (this just happened with a very close family member). I don't really know what to do with that...do they not care? Are *they* overwhelmed? It is a mystery, a puzzle to me, that I'd love to solve.

This is awful to admit but i'm not even surprised to hear this Patricia, and i'm so
sorry-These things should never be.

I cannot say i know exactly how you must be feeling but from what I've learned from 'serious' issues I've been in from the past is this:
People just do not have the cognitive framework to know how to respond effectively.
Its new to them, yes they could be very overwhelmed especially if they are close to you and immediately want to go into some kind of denial or want to minimise it too.
Think its safer to say nothing encase they say the wrong thing and want to act 'normal'...or business as usual.
Some people are very much 'closed books' in terms of how they express their feelings too so in a way they are like a swan on the surface,,(but underneath they are paddling like hell! )
I don't think its because they are unconcerned or do not care.
They might care so much but never show you....bizarrely.

Its surprising how many people over-ride their feelings all day, but then it usually comes out only in dreams at night. It's automatically dumped into the subconscious. Some people have never even been allowed to express their feelings. Lord, we need a Phd in psychology!

It may even make somebody act angry or traumatised that this kind of thing can happen to people they care about. Hard to be on the receiving end of it, especially if at a low ebb already for sure.
People are really some kettle of fish at times. Myself included; i'm sure I too can let people down.

The other thing is not everyone has the same heart as you Patricia,
Not just anyway can be a nurse for example; it takes an extra-ordinary person usually with an above average amount of compassion for others and ability to reach out with care to other people in their time of need.

Had the green smoothie today with a small egg followed by a matcha green tea.
Kept me feeling good energy wise for hours.

Hoping to do the same again tomorrow and make soup too.