View Single Post
  #5   ^
Old Mon, Mar-01-21, 08:07

Plan: Atkins, Dr. Westman
Stats: 267/167/145 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 82%
Talking

I feel exactly the opposite .....When I started my weight loss journey for real, I lost 40 pounds the first year. It made a pretty big difference in the way I looked........and no one mentioned it. I was especially miffed when my family (other than my hubby) said nothing. Hubby was always supportive. My family only gets together once a year at Thanksgiving because we are scattered across the country, and I host the yearly Thanksgiving dinner as my mom lives nearby and they all come to see her and get together. Well, when they all showed up after my loss of 40 pounds no one said a thing......it hurt my feelings and made me feel like I still looked huge. It was a real downer because I was excited thinking they would notice my weight loss.......then nothing....

I continued to lose and over the next two years lost more, up to about 90 pounds total. After that loss, one sister finally said something to recognize my loss, and it made me feel much better. For friends who have known me in my fat years I do want them to notice that I have lost 90 pounds, and frankly it is such a big change that most do say something.

Now to those who knew me when I was much smaller and never saw me fat - like at a 50 year high school reunion, even with my 90 pound loss I am still heavier than I was at high school so I would expect them to say nothing.

So I guess I am the opposite because I like people to notice the hard work I have put in and compliment me on my weight loss......it motivates me to keep at it

As long as they say it in kindness and are complimentary I appreciate it