View Single Post
  #11   ^
Old Wed, Jan-29-03, 22:49

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 234/245/145 Female 5'7"
BF:99%I'm pretty sure
Progress: -12%

Quote:
for me the #1 reason is not doing any inner work. It's tough and it's painful but to totally change your relationship to food, it has to be done.

I felt like when I was reading your posts, Karen, that I am newly into a journey you have become familiar with.

Quote:
I lacked and attitude of gratefulness and humility

Quote:
I learned that giving up the control was the key to sanity

I've been practicing (for a few years now) what I've nicknamed "acceptance therapy". Really teaching myself how not to be angry when something out of my control happens. To react with acceptance that that I don't like something, but I can be calm about it and not do anything about it. I just learned that I was using food (SUGAR!) to cope with the things I use to have anger outbursts about. Now I'm learning to examine my behavior more and pray about things that are out of my control and make me angry.

I fell off of the LC wagon a few times since Halloween and it's been a rocky ride ever since. I have cheated almost every week since then and have gone completely off LC for a week at a time 3 times now since too. I'm lucky that I didn't do more damage than I did.

I had to really sit and ponder why I was doing this "self sabotage" thing. I tried to go back into the mind frame that got me serious about LCing and brought the motivation, focus and then success that I had when I first started.

I was working on my "inner". For the first time in my life I was at a place mentally that I was serious about finding God and searching for answers about things bigger than myself, and really connecting spiritually. Not easy, but rewarding. I can see now that right around that time, after Halloween, I got to a point that I felt like I needed to "step back" from my spiritual journey and take a break. Well, LC'ing seemed to follow. I was lost and bouncing all around in almost every aspect of my life.

So I feel like I have myself in check again. Im on my spiritual journey and the LC journey is very focused again. So, it's all new, but I've learned alot about myself and this connection seems to be clicking with me.

(PS...ChromeDome, I was born and raised in St. Pete! I've only lived here 4 years.)