#29   ^
Old Tue, Nov-27-01, 00:16

Plan: Modified Atkins
Stats: 147/128/118 Female 5'3''
BF:?/18/17
Progress: 66%

Quote:
Originally posted by Shelley
I think what bothers me to be honest is not the figure type or even the idea of a perfect figure. It is the obvious lack of respect persons show for one another. I must be a dinosaur or something, but it seems to me that society has forgotten the meaning of etiquette.

Have to agree with you on that one! Whatever happened to manners and the Golden Rule? I too am trying hard to instill that same kind of thoughtfulness and respect toward others in my boys. I really feel that I need to teach them, especially, how to treat women with respect and dignity and as their equals. I see and hear too often women bemoaning how they are treated by men and yet they raise their boys to be exactly the same way--by not giving them responsibilities, by not holding them accountable for their own decisions and choices, by allowing them to buy into the double standard!

But regardless, we all have to remember that all those "other" people out there who are not "us" have feelings, thoughts, aspirations and dreams just like we do, so we should treat them the way we want to be treated.