#190   ^
Old Wed, Sep-26-18, 08:06

Plan: mostly milkfat
Stats: 190/152.4/154 Male 67inches
BF:
Progress: 104%

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEY100
teaser, glad that you are trying it, hope that you will share updates about any benefits you find from this versus your keto diet. I'm with you...I will never give up coffee. I have given up alcohol for a while, but then the Peterson daughter includes vodka. Salt, pepper, spices ... still have those. Last night I made a crock-pot chuck roast and had a few of the vegetables that were in it, so not perfect yet anyway. I do like that reddit comparision, even the original followers of Bear made adjustments for personal tastes..

I look at it as more plunging deeper into keto versus being um versus keto. Not measuring, but the effects seem to be pretty much what I had with a keto that contained plants, but more consistent. I upped my protein intake slightly, but only slightly--talking 70-80 grams of protein versus 60-70. I'm generally a creature of habit, so you can take those intakes without a grain of salt, intake doesn't vary by much. Carbs went down by 5 to 10 grams. Weight dropped by ten pounds over several months, and is fairly stable. I started an active full-time job in that time, before that I was scraping by (slowly sinking) on occasional handy-man type stuff with my Dad. So I'm not the best experiment, too much stuff changed. Or I'm an example of how a high fat ratio ketogenic carnivore diet can support high activity levels and regular workouts without causing loss of lean mass. One of those.