View Single Post
  #7   ^
Old Fri, Feb-23-18, 20:10

Plan: Low Carb
Stats: 230/165/160 Male 67
BF:
Progress: 93%

Sounds like you already have your plan, but here is my experience. I started eating low carb with an informal approach. By that, I mean not counting carbs, but just eliminating sugar, flour, rice, etc. I lost pretty consistent 5 lbs a month for about 1 year, about 60 lbs total. I would guess my carb intake about 80 grams per day. At that point I stalled, followed a more formal Atkins 72 program and lost another 15 lbs. My take away is that you do not have to go all out limited to 20 g carbs per day to lose weight, but you have to accept a much slower rate of loss and you can't approach it as if it was keto llte. What I mean is you will still be burning sugar, so if you just replace those carb calories with fat or protein calories, you can't really expect to lose weight. If you eliminate 400 calories from your diet by eliminating 100 grams of carbs, you probably will lose weight, but much slower than if you were on a more aggressive plan and it may be hard to sustain. Nothing wrong with slower weight loss if you can't see yourself doing a true keto diet and you are able to stick to the lower calorie diet. Either way, reducing carbs is a good idea.