View Single Post
  #4   ^
Old Wed, Feb-14-18, 09:32

Plan: High protein, lower fat
Stats: 000/000/145 Female 66
BF:276, 255 hi wts
Progress: 0%

Quote:
how many carbs should I limit myself to, in order to lose about a pound a week? From what I've read, it's said you should eat less than your weight (in pounds), in grams. So, since I weigh 204 right now, for me to lose weight, I should eat under 204 carbs

I've never heard that particular formula before. The highest number of carbs I've seen recommended to lose weight was 120. That was from a paper by a bunch of low carb doctors defining "what is low carb".

Most people would probably say less than a hundred though, and depending on your body and level of activity, maybe less than 60.

Since you're posting here in "semi low carb plans", I'm guessing you're not interested in the "very low carb" levels of 20-30 which are often recommended around here..

The bottom line is that if you're currently eating hundreds of carbs per day, then even 204 would be an improvement. Enough to lose weight? Hard to say and you won't know until you try but most people are going to recommend you go lower. And a lot may depend on what those carbs are comprised of, sugar and refined carbs like white flour, being the worst choices.