#20   ^
Old Sun, Feb-08-04, 22:29
aka Celestine

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 247/185/160 Female 67 inches
BF:
Progress: 71%

Hi again,

Thanks for the nice welcome ladies! I am psyched to reach my St. Pat's goal, and this is really helping me to stay on track. I had been stalled for about two months, even without cheating, so last weekend I did what they call a "refeed" which basically means you eat every high carb food in sight for two days, then go back to Atkins. It is supposed to get your weight loss going again, and it worked great for me, as I am down 3 pounds this week.

I am very strict about sticking to the diet, have only cheated 2 or three times, which just goes to show that I have an obsessive personality - I am absolutely determined to do this! Am just sick and tired of being overweight! That being said, I do drink wine, diet coke, and smoke cigarettes! But when that kills me I want to be nice and slim at my wake.

So, three lbs. this week, It will be interesting to see how long I can keep losing after my refeed, without stalling again.

As to the DNA/wine connection, it may be true, but It may be true for lots of different ethnicities too - my Italian, German, Polish and African American friends need their wine/beer/booze too! Or maybe they're all a little bit Irish and aren't telling me...

Liz