Registered Member

Plan: Atkins NDR (2002)
Stats: 270.2/236/165 Female 5ft
BF:
Progress: 33%

Quote:
Originally Posted by WereBear
Talk about bloating, right?

I can't find the thread where you talked about checking out my journal for the customized plan I'm working now. For the curious (since my journal covers years) I give a link here:

https://forum.lowcarber.org/showthr...&page=109&pp=15

where the story of this latest wrinkle starts with a 3 day fast. Best book to describe what I did:

The Wahls Protocol: A Radical New Way to Treat All Chronic Autoimmune Conditions Using Paleo Principles by Terry Wahls

In short: kicked off a 3 day fast, meat only for 3 weeks, then only added things one at a time to see how I reacted.

Left me with a small food list, smaller body, and much improved health!

Thanks for that WereBear. I'll probably still do a bit of a big read back over a lot of your journals (not because I'm a stalker, but I've just found that you guys on the forum have so many experiences I can learn from myself, and your journals are a wealth of info)

I do have the Wahls Protocol book. Was thinking about reading it and recommending it to my aunt whose MS is quite advanced. She doesn't need to lose weight, but I think a more paleo approach to eating and some really high dose VitD therapy could help her a lot.