Old Sat, Jul-14-07, 07:49
Attitude is a Choice

Plan: No sugar, flour, wheat
Stats: 228.4/209.0/170 Female 5'6"
BF:stl/too/mch
Progress: 33%

Good for you Alaka!!

Your very welcome Joy!!
If you ask me, this plan has taught me how to eat properly for the first time in my life. I am not struggling to maintain my loss. However, I eat the same way I ate in phase II with a few extra treats.

I think that its good to make up rules for ourselves with limits on different foods, ie: the 2oz. limit I give myself with cheese. I rarely eat flour, even whole grain flour. I do eat a Wasa crsipbread in rye daily but avoid wheat in general. I keep my nut allowance to 2 ozs a day.

My 2 favorites from my very bad eating days of the past are pasta and bagels....so in order for me to not feel deprived and that I'd never have them again, I allow myself to have them once a month...so far so good.

Designing a plan that we can live with is all about what phase II is to me....and I think should be what it is to all of us. In one way, my 18 months doing phase II was a very long time. It gave me a very long time to design a good plan for myself as I kept trying new foods to give myself a wide variety of foods to eat to avoid boredom.

I'm very strict on grains in general and rarely have a cereal at breakfast....but thats just me and some can, I can't.