View Single Post
  #73   ^
Old Sun, Dec-23-01, 11:02

Plan: low carb
Stats: 324/228/180 Female 5feet 6inches
BF:47%
Progress: 67%

~the_jrowl
I seriously think that it is the salt content. All of those foods are high in sodium, which makes people retain water. Even if you are drinking you daily requirement of water you should probably drink a little more if you are eating foods that have a high salt content. I for one eat a lot of cheese, cream, bacon and pork rinds. If I slack up on the extra water the scales don't move.
I think there are also some foods or combination of legal foods that make (?) people over eat. The types vary on what sets each individual off [the taste, the feel or the consistency of certain foods]. Example I love baked macaroni and cheese (homemade). Since everything except the macaroni is legal (eggs, heavy cream, and cheese) I make the same thing but substitute cauliflower for the macaroni and add meat. It tastes really good and it has the same consistency as the mac and cheese. When I eat this it makes me think that I am eating something hi carb and I tend to eat maybe too much, which doesn't make me gain, but it doesn't help me to loose. Just my most humble opinion.