View Single Post
  #15   ^
Old Mon, Apr-29-19, 13:10
Every moment is NOW.

Plan: LC (ketogenic)
Stats: 520/381/280 Female 66 inches
BF: Why yes it is.
Progress: 58%

Yeah, I should have been more specific, it was not the link I provided that was itself the focus, but the stuff that was linked to ON that thread and the articles it references.

So really... Gary Taubes? What does Gary say lately? Is he really dissing fat?

The man spent four years researching mostly a century of science related to fat and carbohydrates, reading research, interviewing experts, and now he's changed his mind? Allegedly the nusci group founded a study to demonstrate the carbohydrate problem and the study showed the opposite. This is the gossip I'm picking up from around the web.

Has anybody actually seen Taubes comment on these things clearly?

Not, mind you, that I am going to start eating rancid seed oil instead of grassfed butter and coconut oil. Sorry guys, if this is gonna kill me, I'm gonna die even sooner I guess.

I mean... it's like I'm all outta food I can eat that someone doesn't think is gonna kill me. But not eating at all would kill me... eventually. So... ? I'm just curious because of names like nusci and Taubes being mentioned, I give those a lot of credence.

Well and I read the book by the researcher dude (fasting mimicking diet dude, 'longevity diet' is the book) who basically says that as well -- that sat fat is just horrible for you.

I can't figure it out. I thought that a lot of that was bad science but modern science had "learned better." But now... what, it unlearned?

PJ