View Single Post
  #5   ^
Old Fri, Apr-24-20, 16:40
Forum Moderator

Plan: Primal/P:E
Stats: 171/145/145 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 100%

Hi. I agree with Rob, you're taking a sound approach - but the source of those carbs is important when you're talking inflammation. Wheat can be murder on your joints, if that's a problem you're trying to address. "Keto" (I still kinda hate this trendy term) would do me no favours if I was eating wheat flour, and that's what the Atkins pizza is made with. If/when you eat it, pay attention to any symptoms that pop up later.

I was a LCer for years before I started having joint problems, and I had to turn it up a notch and go gluten-free. It wasn't too hard because like many LCers, I was already 90% of the way there. I just had to start reading labels a lot more carefully. I was entirely gluten-free for one full month before I tried it again (it was awful, painful lesson learned, mourning period gotten over.) You might want to hang onto that pizza for a while, maybe see if your current plan helps with the joints first, and then try it? Just an idea. It's always something you can keep in your back pocket and experiment with later. Like I said, I didn't need to do this until... I needed to. Heh, that's become a bit of a theme of mine: The way I did things worked, until it didn't work anymore. I didn't have to do (insert annoying complication here) until that day I had to.

Best of luck, keep us posted.