Old Fri, Apr-24-20, 14:40
Registered Member

Plan: none
Stats: 199/201/160 Male 68
BF:
Progress: -5%

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRB5111
In terms of not weighing, measuring, or recording macros, the only macro you need to be concerned with . . . . . drumroll . . . . is carbs. Be vigilant and dedicated to eating less than 20 carbs in a day. That's not hard to calculate. In terms of the carbs you eat, because it's hard to achieve zero carbs, make sure you're eating from the Westman recommended list of above ground veggies, particularly leafy greens, cucumbers, broccoli, cauliflower, Brussels sprouts, etc.

Thanks for sharing your experience. In terms of carbs, I'm not calculating or recording, but I would expect to be under 20g. As an example, I have been having eggs and bacon for breakfast, a hamburger patty topped with a fried egg and cheese for lunch, and the same for dinner. I did buy an Atkins pizza as a treat this weekend, so maybe that will inhibit my progress, but my point is I'm not really eating carbs except maybe 1 or 2 from the eggs, bacon and cheese, so I'm assuming in the keto range and when or if I incorporate vegetables back in my diet, I know I'll have to start keeping track. I've heard of Dr. Westman so I'll be sure to refer to his list.