View Single Post
  #40   ^
Old Fri, May-24-19, 12:23

Plan: EF/Fung IDM/keto
Stats: 375/225.4/175 Female 66.5 inches
BF:
Progress: 75%

I usually keep several sizes as my weight does fluctuate. I say that I’ve maintained a 100 pound loss for ten years now, but over that 10 years I’ve maintained a 90-110 pound loss. So I keep clothes from both the top end and the bottom end (really only 1-2 sizes different depending on brands).

But since I’ve kept this weight off so many years I did eventually get rid of all the clothes from when I weighed 100 pounds more! But I waited a few years before I got rid of them because of all the yo-yos in the past, and all the money spent on re-buying clothes when I gained or lost weight. Yes, back when I weighed 100 pounds more I got rid of all my thinner clothes as I was so discouraged and had decided that losing weight was hopeless.

Boy was I sorry when I finally did make the push to lose, and had to spend money on clothes. Some people might see buying new clothes as a reward, but I hate shopping, I hate spending money on clothes, I love shopping in my closet. I’ve never had much luck with thrift stores.

I hate to donate nice things though as I was just reading an article that because of the Marie Kondo influence tons of people are now getting rid of clothes and thrift stores are getting so overwhelmed with clothes that many have stopped even sorting through them and just passing everything also to the rag and junk folks no matter how high quality it might be.