View Single Post
  #26   ^
Old Thu, Apr-07-05, 14:04

Plan: Moderate Carb...
Stats: 235/195/140 Female 5'3
BF:HELP!!!
Progress: 42%

I tried CAD last week to see how I liked it...prior to CAD I had been on Six Week Body Make Over, and used to eating 5-6 meals a day...extremely low fat...carb at each meal with protein... I had gotten accustomed to the plan but it lacked flexibility and I began to think that for maintenance I could not continue that... So I thought I would try and sample CAD for a week to see how my body wold react... Well I maintained my weight loss and even lost my appetite, however, I used the reward meal to have some sweets...too many sweets...the last couple of days were not balanced...well that threw me into a true 5 day binge... Please I felt awful afterwards, but I did learn something... That CAD works if you follow it the correct way, healthy carbs at the reward meal, and an occasional treat every once and a while... I think this would be great for maintenance for me or for special occasions until I get the weight off...but as far as weight loss, I noticed I lost 2 pounds and gained it back when I added the sweets... I have heard of some very low carbers using this to maintain when they go on vacation, etc... For me, my body needs less carbs to lose weight, even on 6WBMO, the good carb (fruits, yams, brown rice)...created a 3-4 week stall...so I am going to try induction and see how that goes, although I am like some of you who have tried Atkins, I get sick of eating hugh amounts of protein after a while, and the high fat also eventually turns my stomach...I need something with more moderation, so after induction I'm just going to do my own plan and try to get fats in but good fats...and at least a fruit every day because otherwise I feel deprived...with an occasional CAD meal as I said for special occasions...

Hope you guys don't mind me posting here...I like this thread...