Wheat, sugar and Dairy free XMAS PUDDING

Ingredients:

2 Oranges
200g Almond Meal
3 Tsp Spice
750g of mixed dried fruits
6 Eggs

Method:

1. Boil oranges in water for 2 hours. Ensure water doesn't boil dry by adding fresh boiling water from the kettle as it gets low. Allow to cool before removing from water.
2. Slice ends of orange and remove seeds.
3. Blend remaining part of the whole oranges (including peel).
4. Add Almond Meal, Spice and Eggs, blend until cake like consistency.
5. Stir through dried fruits into the mixture using a wooden spoon.
6. Pour mixture into a greased metal bowl. Cover bowl with aluminum foil and tie off with string.
7. In a large pot (large enough to hold the metal bowl with cake in it), place an inverted saucer (this keeps the metal bowl off the bottom). Then place the metal bowl (with cake) on top of the saucer. Fill pot with water until it comes up to 3/4 off the metal bowl. Cover with lid.
8. Boil for 5-8 hours ensuring to add boiling water as it gets low. I found boiling it for 5 hours and then letting it cool before boiling it for another 2-3 hours the next day works well...

I just made this today. The oranges were quite small so I used 3, plus I was a little short on almond meal, so I added 2 heaped table spoons of shredded coconut to bulk it out, but it came out well (if very orangey!). I'll definitely make this again (I'll just make sure to have the right ingredients next time!

Thank you for the great recipe. I'll also try the muffins sometime soon.