View Single Post
  #13   ^
Old Tue, Jan-03-23, 01:48
Forum Moderator

Plan: Primal/P:E
Stats: 171/146/150 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 119%

Hi Jean. I've only tried mine once so far - on a batch of potato wedges. They turned out much better than the oven. I'd like to try other veggie sides that don't crisp up well in the oven, like sweet potato fries, jicama fries, zucchini patties, etc. Wings will be my next project, and if I invest in some racks, I might see if I can use it to replace my rickety old Walmart dehydrator. Mine isn't the actual fryer, but a lid for my Instant Pot, so it probably works a lot different than yours. Were you just looking for ideas? That's pretty much all I can think of, although there are people who use it for all kind of things.

I was expecting a huge mess, based on my experience at work with our convection ovens, but this cleaned up with just a quick wipe. Even the pot itself didn't need scrubbing.

I was also impressed with how it didn't heat up the kitchen the way I would have expected, so it's obviously pretty energy-efficient. That will be welcome in summer (we don't have A/C.)

Gypsybyrd, nice haul. You've got me looking up vacuum sealers now. I'm the queen of hoarding and overstocking the freezer. 😏

I've done the same thing, relegating my rarely-used appliances out of the kitchen. I might give away my crock pot, since the IP works as one... and I haven't used it in years. I prefer just about everything that would be slow-cooked to be pressure-cooked now.