View Single Post
  #341   ^
Old Sun, Jan-28-07, 15:04
Currently Fascinated

Plan: M&E/Atkins
Stats: 225/150/125 Female 5'2"
BF:Quite Possibly
Progress: 75%

I've fought with my weight all of my life. Thanks to the Atkins diet, I was down to 80 pounds to 120 about 10 years ago now, kept the weight off fairly well for about 3 years, and then I got pregnant. (BTW, my motivation then was a controlling boyfriend who sounds very similar to many of the controllers in this thread. I lost the weight, took a picture, and mailed it to him. Hee! )

Anyway, the long and the short of it is, I didn't think I was doing that badly (well, carried "baby weight" -- heh, she's 6 now), I mean I knew I was heavy, but not this bad. Quit smoking in August, 2005 and didn't even think about dieting until I fixed that problem. I did the Atkins induction in February of 2006 (after stepping on the scale at 225 and crying a lot) and... nothing. Didn't lose a thing. I've told my doctor story elsewhere, so I won't repeat myself, but suffice it to say that since September or so I've just sort of been numb, resigned to my fate. I'm fat, and going to be that way forever, because I am Incredible Broken Metabolism Woman.

Except my daughter is 6. She wants to have friends over, I go to her school to help out when I can, and there were three things I wanted to fix before she got old enough to be embarassed by me: smoking (got that done), a dental issue (fixed that, too), and lose weight. I just want her to be as proud of me as I am of her.

I also wouldn't mind a date maybe one day. Maybe.

So, there it is. (Did I mention I talk a lot?) Eggs and meat, starting tomorrow, along with 20 minutes of walking 5 days per week. (I'm going to increase that, just not quite yet) If I can fix this, I will fix this.